Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Where did the time go

This past weekend Chris and I celebrated our five year anniversary. I can't believe we have been married for five years...the time has flown by. So much has happened in that time and we have grown closer to together has the time has gone on. All in all we have known each other for nine years and in less than two months it will be nine year in total that we have been together.



So what did we do to celebrate our anniversary? Well it went like this...
Thursday night Chris told me that my dad was coming in the morning to pick-up Ethan up for the weekend. Chris almost didn't tell me that part, but good thing he did. You don't surprise a momma by sending her kid away for the weekend and not let her say good bye. :) So Friday I went to work like normal and Ethan went to grandma and grandpa's (he had a great time playing, getting spoiled and playing with his baby cousin Madi). Friday night Chris and I went to dinner and a movie, a late movie. Not sure the last time we saw a movie let alone a late movie.
Saturday was our actual anniversary and Chris surprised me by taking me to the same hotel we went on our wedding night, The Hilton Mission Bay. It is a beautiful hotel. We went to a cute little Mexican restaurant for dinner and had some killer dessert.


Overall we had a wonderful relaxing time. Next blog...what did Ethan do while we were out?

2 comments:

Alexis said...

so glad to hear you guys had a nice getaway. kudos to chris for planning a surprise for you. congrats on 5 and 9 years!

J and C Smith said...

Congratulations you two! Happy 5th.
That dessert looks amazing!! Yum!