Monday, June 08, 2009

Aunt and Uncle

Growing up both my younger sisters used to complain that I got to do everything first. I got to stay up later, got to date, got married first and then I had a baby first. Well one thing that they both beat me in was becoming an Auntie. That will be over soon, I am going to be an auntie and I am soo excited, and Chris is excited to be an uncle for the first time.
Samantha and I threw a baby shower for Emili and Madison a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time.


There was awesome food. I wanted to make a cute cake, but ran out of time. So instead I ordered a Costco cake plain and decorated it for Madi. I think it came out pretty cute.


I took a picture of these little tart things. My mom made them and I thought they were awesome, so I took a picture. It had melting white chocolate drizzled over it. YUMMY.


Our good family friend from Las Vegas, Lauren, came out and surprised us all. Can you believe that I used to babysit her when she was little. I am getting old and man do I look short!


Ethan is excited to have a cousin soon. He and Auntie Sam helped unwrap some gifts and he was excited (he just might not be aware that it is not for him).


He loves his cousing Madi so much, already, that he tried to snuggle with her by sleeping on Auntie Emili's belly. So cute.


Overall it was a fabulous day and Emili and Walt got lots of wonderful things for Madison. I can't wait to be an Auntie!

1 comment:

J and C Smith said...

Oh my goodness...the cake and fruit yummies just made me so hungry! Looked like it was a fun party! Can't wait to see madison. BTW, it is fabulous being an aunt! They just grow up way too fast! Joshua just turned 14 and will be going into high school next year!