Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Winter Finally Came!



Yes, Winter finally came. She was two months late and I was beginning to think I got stood-up, but She came and I have to say, we had a good time together.

So Amanda, Sam and I drove up to my families' house in Twin Peaks on Saturday night. When we got there they had about 4 inches of new snow and when we woke up the next morning there was another 6 inches! The plan was to head up to Snow Summit for the day. But shoveling the driveway and car out, putting chains on the truck, eating some food, fixing up the snowboards, meeting up with Darrell, renting extra gear, driving behind the slowest tourists ever and getting detoured around Big Bear Lake put us there just after 2:00. We realized when we got there that it was half price after 3:00, so we figured we would just walk over to the bottom of the hill and show Sam some stuff, since it was her first time. So we just messed around at the bottom of the hill for a couple hours, Darrell was helping Sam, and I was helping Amanda. We had a great time and we never bought a ticket (the lift lines were crowded and it was foggy at the top anyway). On Monday it was sunny and beautiful, so we headed up to Snow Valley (which actually got more snow than Big Bear) and did some more serious skiing and boarding. Jolene, David little and David (my Dad) joined us as well, and we had another great day. It was a pretty sweet President's Day weekend, and Sam did really well her first time boarding!
-Chris

Sunday at Snow Summit
Click on these images to see them larger


Monday Morning I got up early and took these shoots. To see more click here.


Moday at Snow Valley



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally!!!! I kept waiting for you to mention something about this weekend. I had so much fun. I was upset having to go to school today. But whatever. Thank you again for taking care of me. I can't wait to see the pictures, I miss the snow already. Later.
~Sam